“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Today is the last day you can register for the Alt-MBA, an initiative inspired by this. It’s open to anyone with a desire to learn and connect with some very gifted individuals, but the deadline to join is today, Wednesday, January 21st.
1. A new leader takes charge of each week of the program. Prior to the week starting, the leader will have read the book, and created an online presentation on Slideshare, outling the key ‘take-aways’ from the book.
2. Over the course of the week, the leader facilitates and moderates discussions around the book.
3. Both the members and the group leader will be encouraged to enhance the discussion with news, articles, additional readings, and business trends. At the end of the week, a “live” online meeting will be conducted by the leader. The meeting will be recorded for those that can’t make the call.
4. Every weekly discussion will leave the group members with a type of “call-to-action” (CTA), as decided by the leader. The CTA will leave the members with a follow-up item.
5. At the end of the week, the lessons learnt, summaries, actions, discussions and meetings will be recorded and compiled into an ebook or online presentation that will be kept for future reference.
If you’d like to join, Paul Pettengill at firstname.lastname@example.org now!